Welcome

Please...get ready to read a bit of everything...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Success??

The other day I ran into the question: How would you define success?. At that moment nothing clear came into my mind, but later, driving my car to the grocery store (during one of those rare moments by myself) it became clear, I do have my own meaning of success. And I think we all do. Only it is very different from person to person.

If you look at success as a circumstance that hasn't happened yet, then I don't think you are really referring to success. For instance, if you want to become a Doctor and see success as getting the MD title, then I don't really think that is success. That is achieving a goal, but not success.

Success is something you accomplish on your own terms but it is also something which roots lay within you. In my case, I consider myself successful when I'm true to myself, when I can speak from the heart, when I let myself be vulnerable, for that is the only way I know to make a clear impact in this world. Success means to touch others' lives in a positive way. It means to give it all, unconditionally. It means to reach that point of putting all the meat in the grill, being able to take risks and to accept failure as an option.

Success is not about being perfect or making the most money. Is not about setting or defining trends, it's not about how others see you; it's about me and what happens within myself. Is about the way I feel. The more I'm true to myself, the more transparent and congruent I get, the more successful I'm being. All the other stuff, comes as a consequence. I think that's why some people fail. They don't see success from inside but from their outside self-imposed goals.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment