Welcome

Please...get ready to read a bit of everything...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Facebook

This morning a friend suggested I started a blog, so here I am (didn't need too much begging). I have to confess I have thought about it many times, but since I usually write Brad's Caringbridge journal, I didn't find it necessary...but that is not really true.

There is a lot I want to talk about. People on Facebook think I'm a little bit of a trouble maker at times, but I guess I just have my own ideas on things and they usually don't interrelate like the ones from other people. I know how much I like confrontation and I can come across as very blunt at times (many times).

I have decided to start my blog talking about Facebook, simply because I love it. I like the obvious fact of getting and keeping in touch with old friends (which is so important when being far away), I love my virtual Farm I started today a year ago when I spent the first night with Brad at the hospital, but what I love the most is to witness and be part of the interaction. We are usually the same people talking about certain topics, but it is so much fun to disagree, having to argue and to even get upset at times, it gives a lot of spice to my monotonous life.

Another thing fascinating about Facebook is having been able to learn so much about other people's beliefs and paradigms. I tend to think people I feel somehow related to might think the same way as I do at least when it comes to the most relevant topics, but that is so not the case...It is my belief that people gain from differences, not from similarities, so there goes another reason for loving the site.

I see a big generational gap in the use of Facebook. People of approx. 45 and up use it a lot more carefully than younger people. I think they are afraid of social media. I have an uncle who closed his account because he felt Facebook will only gossip, which is impossible, since you only read what others post. My mom thinks the same, she tells me she doesn't care to read how the weather is anywhere or what others are doing (including me obviously). Instead, to me is fun. Finding out what my friends are up to, how they are feeling and even what songs they are listening to is fun...I guess, that makes sense, especially when you feel so lonely or when minor stuff gain a totally different meaning in your own life.

I want this blog to be the continuation of those fun Facebook discussions, so you are all invited to participate. How much do you like Facebook?


Here's my favorite video ever


6 comments:

  1. No me gusta mucho.
    Soy twitteradicta.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si yo se, lo que pasa es 140 caracteres no me sirven :S yo hablo demasiada paja :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A confesiĆ³n de parte relevo de pruebas.
    Y el twitlonger?
    Jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you read my blog? I thought my friends really offended you the other day and drove you off. The thing is, I LOVE these conversations but don't want to offend other people. I think it's a great way to expand my mind and learn new things.

    So, if you're game, I am, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I'm the type of person who thinks it's BOOOOOOORING to have everyone around you agreeing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did Rachel. I was not offended at all or mad. I just felt no one wanted to continue a reasonable argument. I loooooooove those conversations also. It is very interesting for me to see others view points and to learn new things. The problem is when you compare wanting to go green with Hitler. In that case is so absurd I quit :)

    ReplyDelete