Welcome

Please...get ready to read a bit of everything...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Overwhelmed

Looking for a job has been difficult. I really I have no clue why it is so hard for someone with my background to find a job here in KC. Deep down I think I can always be doing more than what I’m doing though. Today, I’ve been surfing the web since early this morning just to realize I’m overwhelmed. There is so much information, applying for a job takes so long, so many job boards, networking sites, career suggestions, options, job clubs, networking meetings….. is simply crazy….the funny part, I’m a career coach.

I remember the old days when looking for a job had to do with your career vision, your planning, your contacts, the branding….all those nice, natural things you must do to be successful in your job search are not so true anymore. Well maybe they are only they have gone to the background of the picture I guess…People say the more contacts the better...you have rely on absolute strangers just like before only in a very different way...

One thing is to coach someone on the things they should be doing and another one is facing all this information out there. There’s a new skill needed for survival nowadays: know how to discriminate information. There is so much you really have to be able to know what to work with and what to discard. This is a totally new skill that might come naturally for some but not for others. You have to nail it at decision making or else, you might really be losing opportunities.

Do you agree? Please don't look at it from the production of content in the web more than from the searching for relevant content in the web....

No comments:

Post a Comment